I pass the Cleveland Clinic often as I drive around this city, and I must say that I'm a huge fan. It's one of the best hospitals in the country, and this is surprisingly comforting. If I have an emergency, here is the Cleveland Clinic. If I need some kind of specialized surgery, here is the Cleveland Clinic. If I need to be seen by a mitochondrial specialist, here is the Cleveland Clinic. Or, at least, here is the waiting list for said Cleveland Clinic mitochondrial specialist. I am currently on this waiting list, no small feat in itself. There are so many people wanting to be seen that the doctor looks through all the medical records and decides which patients he will take on. So when I got the call telling me I had made the cut, I did a fair amount of celebrating. Who knows how long I'll have to wait, but I smile whenever I drive by, knowing an appointment is forthcoming. Or maybe it's the little florist shop on the corner there that makes me smile, or the man dressed in a flashy yellow suit and tie who I saw come out of the shop the other day, fresh boquet in hand, on his way to visit a patient who probably means the world to him.
1 comment:
I love this post. You're such a great writer.
Post a Comment