That's right. I've officially entered my first NCAA tourney bracket competition. There may or may not be money involved. Which means there definitely is. 24 hours ago, the thought of entering would have made no sense to me. I hate college ball (nothing exciting ever happens and the scores are always like 20 points a game). Not to mention I know nothing about the teams, players, rankings, seeds. I know nothing about anything. Nothing has changed since yesterday, meaning I still know nothing, but as everyone at the office was filling in their brackets, I suddenly wanted in.
It was just about the most fun thing I've done in quite some time...with the exception of going to the pub today, which wasn't so much fun as it was crazy, and lest you get the wrong idea, I only went in to pick up my takeout corned beef. Anyway, back to basketball, all I could go on was the names of the teams themselves, and the vibes I got as I looked over each of the match ups. I kept hearing the guys talk about certain teams who had no defense, who were sure not to make it out of the first round, teams who were bigger and stronger than others, and I couldn't help but feel sheepish with my name and vibe system. (Although you watch. Villanova's sure to go far with a name like that.)
Funny thing is I've actually heard that people who guess randomly on their brackets tend to do better than people who actually try. Which makes me a whole lot of excited. I probably won't win, but I'm surprised at how much more likely I am now to actually watch one of these silly college games. And watch out world, here comes Villanova. (Don't worry. I don't actually have them winning the whole thing. Or do I...)
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
1 comment:
I'm not a March Madness gal (imagine that) but do know that the Ohio University/Georgetown upset was huge, and that most people in these parts who had no idea what they were doing picked OU. Seemed like a good choice! Best of luck, gambler :)
Post a Comment