Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On Contraband

http://www.youtube.com/user/averyproducts#p/a/u/2/ei63ToGnHbs

I'm including this URL not because it's my company, but because I think it's funny. And you've got to give props to anything that brings any amount of humor into the selling of adhesives. (Or 'adesives' for any of you privy to that joke) Of course, what's really funny about this commercial is that everyone at AD hates this particular product. HATES. Who even wants post-its that are sticky across the entire back? They aren't grabbable at all when used as a post-it, and they aren't durable enough when used as a label...as is evidenced by the colorful happy birthday message someone left on one of my cabinets months ago. Each letter was written on a different label pad sheet, and within hours I swear they were curling. I still have some of them up on my cabinet. Company research.

The worst part about AD entering the post-it space is these label pads are now the only thing in the way of post-its being stocked in our supply cabinets at work. And I'm sure I speak for all employees when I say that we miss our beloved 3M post-its dearly. As a person who makes about a billion times more lists and notes to herself than most other people, this is particularly tragic. So imagine my delight when last week, while venting profusely about the new label pads, the guy in the cube next to me whispered, "I have contraband," and then slipped me a pad of purple post-its. They felt so good in my hot little hands. How gloriously rebellious.

No comments: