Annual eye appointment today, and my eyes, which are usually given a perfect report card (well, other than the -x.xx prescription), were surprisingly not 100% healthy this time. Turns out I have allergies--meaning it appears to the doc when she shines the blinding light in my eyes that they are being irritated by something. Confusion ensued immediately, because I don't suffer from any allergy symptoms, and while my eyes may under the search lights appear red and irritated, they aren't bothering me at all. The doc said it's usually something in the person's environment that triggers this, and it took a few minutes before it came to me; the one thing in my environment that has changed over the past year: The arrival of Clementine.
If you are laughing right now, I'm with you (sort of), because if I of all people turn out to be allergic to my own cat, it will be beyond ironic. Although since I'm not actually suffering any symptoms, and since I love her, there's no way I would get rid of her. I'll just begin taking some prescribed eye drops so as to ward off impending blindness...or whatever it is that can happen down the road if whatever is happening in my eyes continues to go untreated. Honestly, how could this happen to me?
The eye doctor always takes FOREVER, mostly because this doc is in high demand. I just picked one when I moved here, but it turns out she's one of the best. Not exactly sure what separates a good eye doc from a bad one (one or two?, three or four?, five or six?), but you have to wait months and months for an appointment with this woman if you don't book one ridiculously early. The key is getting there early in the day before she's had a chance to get behind schedule, and the other key (at least for me) is to start looking at glasses while I'm in the waiting room. No, I do not need a FOURTH pair of glasses, but I've ended up with a chunk of change leftover in my FSA account. Read: I haven't spent any of it all year. (See, going back to my insurance post, my insurance was SO good, I haven't even spent any of the money I set aside for medical expenses!) So I looked at everything this morning. The Dolce & Gabbana, Coach, Armani, etc. I didn't even look at the prices. Which is probably why when I narrowed my favorite 12 pairs down to a single winner, it ended up being the most expensive pair. Of course that would happen. But picture this: red glasses!! How sassy! And the money would have gone to waste anyway.
And for those of you keeping track at home, it's T-1 week until Billy Elliott!! I can't remember the last time I was so excited to see a show. If you've seen the production and it sucks, please don't tell me.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
2 comments:
As I also own a pair of red glasses, I must say that I am a big fan!
Billy Elliott also coming through Portland sometime in the spring (I wonder if it is the same group you're going to see). We are also excited. Let us know how it is! p.s. I have a mild allergy to cats but we still have Grandma's Gracie (she's old and plump and sometimes grouchy, but makes us laugh everyday- kind of reminds me of grandma!)
Post a Comment