If you want to know what it's like in Cleveland these days, let me just say that a co-worker said to me in all honesty that Miami losing makes his whole year, and that not even his upcoming wedding will top it. Now that's hard core. And possibly ridiculous. And definitely something he should keep to himself.
Go ahead, call me a bitter Clevelander who is for some reason hell-bent on seeing Lebron fail. Because you'd be right. But regardless of my city of residence, I'm simply disgusted with the way he's handled himself over the past year. Everything from the Decision to the over-the-top Miami press conference where he promised to win them at least 8 titles to the excuses and cheap shots to the classless mocking of Dirk's illness last week, he has simply gone from hero to zero in a remarkably short time span and shows no signs of redeeming himself. Sure, he'll win a championship, but that's not the kind of redemption I mean.
I get his post-game press conference point. I do. We got what we wanted, he failed, but we still have to wake up in the morning with the same pathetic lives and problems. Translation: I'm rich and you're poor. Alternate translation: It doesn't change anything. But I think it DOES change things, because despite waking up on Monday morning with the same pathetic life and problems, I had a big reason to smile. My life may be pathetic, but it just got a little bit better. A fact which I will be celebrating with daily "Yay Dallas!" parties at the office. Sheesh, I'm as bad as my co-worker.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment