I'm not sure what's going on, but the people in Cleveland--or at least the people on the east side, which is admittedly much more ghetto than the west wide--are going nuts about St. Patrick's day. Is it because it's on a saturday? Is it because it's actually going to be 75 degrees and sunny? Whatever the reasons, they are predicting downtown Cleveland St. Patty's day crowds to be larger than they have been in 40 years. What in the world? I've never really understood the fascination with St. Patrick's day hype, but that could be because I don't drink. And I'm not particularly enchanted by parades. Yet everyone else seems almost giddy about the upcoming weekend and its festivities. Me, I just want some fish and chips.
Speaking of March, spring has arrived in Cleveland. Actually, it's been here for a few weeks. Which is sort of funny considering we never really had a winter. That's right, people. If you noticed a surprising lack of complaining on my part when it came to snow this winter, it's because we didn't get any. I had all of ONE morning commute that was a little dicey and ONE trip home from downtown after a late show that was moderately dicey, but that's it. That's it. It was the best Cleveland winter I could have ever hoped for. I don't even mind that I had prepaid my snow shovel service for an entire season. Worth it.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment