I probably take living so close to Kirtland for granted. Most of the time when something is going on there at the sites, I don't go. Because I've already been. Many times. But M and I did spend Friday evening at the Historic Kirtland Visitor's Center, which is currently decked out with its annual nativity exhibit. Over 600 nativities from around the world are on display (on loan for the exhibit from people all over the community). From large and grand to small and plain, it's amazing to see so many interpretations. And it's hard to not feel moved in such a Christ-centered environment.
Something else I haven't really mentioned since her birth is M's sweet baby niece. While it's not possible for me to feel for her anything resembling what I feel for my nephews, baby A is positively darling. She has M wrapped around her finger, which is equally darling. We went over to M's sister and BIL's house for a game night, but all we ended up doing was playing with baby A.
And we finished up the weekend with what M had told me was an early Christmas present for me. I had no idea what it was until he handed me the tickets on the way over, but it was a concert featuring Tristan Prettyman, one of our favorite artists. If you don't know her, you really should check out her music. It's the second time this year we've seen her, and she has such a nice sound. Well done, M.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago


No comments:
Post a Comment