I was in Oregon for the 4th of July, always a highlight of the year, and I should post pictures, but I am too lazy in this moment to make that happen. So just close your eyes and picture beautiful wooded hillsides, small town USA, darling little girls dressed up as butterflies and throwing out candy in the kiddie parade. (If you happen to picture a thirty-something woman wearing a tiara and walking alongside said girls and handing them the candy, that would be me.) It was hard to leave.
I then turned right around and went to Toronto for work, and if you watched the Canadian headlines (does anyone watch the Canadian headlines?), Monday was a record-breaking day in Toronto in terms of rainfall. In an hour they had a month and a half's worth of rain, and the subways were flooded and much of the city without power. (Can you say Sandy flashbacks?) It made the hour-long cab ride to dinner amidst a downtown with no working stop lights rather treacherous, and it meant a very late meal once we got to the restaurant and learned they had no power and were closed and had to go elsewhere.
I started a new job this month (there's a story there) and it will have me traveling quite a bit. I enjoy traveling for work...until I get home late from a trip and have to be at the office at 8 the next morning, which is the situation I was in today. Oh well. Onto the next trip, the next hotel, the next restaurant. Let's all pray for good weather.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment