Saturday, September 28, 2013

West Again

I'm still on a supply chain recruiting board at BYU, even though I left supply chain 2 jobs ago and my company actually decided to pull back from recruiting at BYU this fall. As to why I'm still on the board, someone please explain this to me. ("Because other than you, Tali, the committee is 18 older men, all CEOs or whatever, and they need to show that women can be successful professionals, too.")

I do enjoy certain aspects of the board, namely the free trips to Utah and the chance to meet with students and give them advice and counsel. Because of my unique career path thus far, there's usually only a couple of kids who benefit from my presence, but it's either that or remove myself from the board. It's crossed my mind, I'll admit.

I headed from SLC to SEA where, prior to spending a few days visiting some of our Seattle customers, I spent a couple days with my aunt J. Highlights, other than aunt J herself, included the Space Needle, high end consignment shopping (my first Jason Wu dress!), and, an unexpected highlight - the Chihuly Glass and Garden Exhibit. I really hadn't realized that Chihuly is as big of a deal as he is, nor did I realize what I was walking into when we entered the exhibit. Glass? Really? But this is not ordinary glass. This is like walking through Disneyland. It's that colorful. I felt almost like I was on the cartoon set of Alice in Wonderland. Or on drugs. Just such unreal and amazing sights to behold, and never much of a museum-goer myself (unless it's like a jewelry exhibit or something), I was disappointed when it was over. I could marry a Seattle man just to have a party under all those glass flowers.

Now I'm home catching up on emails, Clementine cuddled next to me, zucchini bread in the oven. It's good to be home.
.








.

1 comment:

KES said...

Please tell me the shirt you are wearing at the glass exhibit is from Loft...it looks exactly like the one I have.