Sunday, August 24, 2008

Not Back to School

It's official. I have had what I guess could be considered my first official breakdown since moving to Cleveland. This is not a breakdown in the sense of totally falling apart, unable to live life effectively, etc, but a breakdown in the sense that on Friday night I suddenly found myself in tears. It had been a great week, I love it here, all things were in order, but I suddenly realized that I'm not going back to school. See, this summer sort of feels like last summer where I spent a few months away from all my school friends. Which means that right now, at the end of August, it feels like I should be going back to school; that all my friends will congregate in P-town for another year. But this will never happen again. What's more, I will never again be surrounded by even one billionth the number of friends P-town/grad school provided. My handful of Ohio friends will have to suffice...and sometimes they just don't.

5 comments:

Suz said...

Oh Friend! We miss you here! Be strong...come and visit! Love you!

Lyd Stew said...

Cutest Tali!
I am so glad you found us! It will be fun to keep tabs on you! :) Wish you were hear to hand out with me and the girls... not that we are too exciting, but we would have some fun! Keep in touch!

Jasmyn said...

Well, I'm in Provo...but not back to school either! :( I think I'm getting sad that I'll probably not be going back for grad school for a long time either. Hope you're doing well, Tali - love you! If only there were a central meeting place where you, Laura and I could get together...Kansas? I was just in Indiana last weekend--should've looked you up! Take care, m'dear.

Alisha said...

I totally hear you Tali! I was up in Charlotte this week and when I left to go "home" I almost cried because I realized home wasn't Provo with all my friends :(

Dani said...

Provo misses you. I still think about you everytime I'm at the Subway intersection and I feel sad. I did it just last week when I was in Provo. :( It is weird this whole lame-o grown-up game.