I’ve recently rediscovered the Cosby Show via late night reruns on TVLand. I wouldn’t say this show was a huge part of my childhood, but it definitely made its mark. For instance, in one particular list of names for potential children, I included all the names of the Cosby children actors. Tempest, Sabrina, etc. Of course, in another one of these early lists, I had decided on having nine girls and naming them all Tali, so perhaps there is no statistical significance to the Cosby version.
Still, I do remember snippets of several episodes from years ago. What I didn’t realize as a small child was: the show is incredibly funny; his sweaters are hideous; though nothing like the smut seen today, there is still a small amount of “adult” humor that went completely over my head; and I finally understand what he says at the end of the theme song when the music stops and he walks away. I’m not even going to try and tell you what I thought he was saying all those years ago, because it’s more just sounds. Sounds which, of course, made perfect sense at the time.
1 comment:
"There's trouble in the Huxtable house tonight
Cuz' Rudy and Olivia had a fight..."
Post a Comment