But as I sat watching the dancing, I couldn't shake the feeling that I would regret not dancing with him at his wedding for the rest of my life. Danielle must have noticed my pained face and said, "Do you think you should do it and just cry?" To which I responded, "Yes, I do." So I reached in my purse and grabbed the first bill I found, (unfortunately for the happy couple, it was a $1), placed it in the jar, and danced with my brother. There are a lot of things I could have said, as this moment marked the end of something. Life as we've known it, I guess. No skin off his back, as he's getting a spouse, but for those left in the nest, it always feels like you lose part of your siblings when they get married. No last minute advice or counsel or well-wishes came to mind as the dance finished, so I just hugged him and said, "I love you." He said, "I love you, too." And there it is.



6 comments:
Oh the wedding! How could I have forgotten! I should have texted you some well wishes. I'm glad, though, that things seemed to go well and that he looks happy. I look forward to hearing all about it in an email and/or phone call soon.
I love the pics here and on fb. I want to hear more about wedding festivities.
I love this story. I'll send you those pictures ASAP! And the funny thing is I was talking to my older sister today and we were talking about what to do for my birthday and I mentioned something about Russ and she said, "Oh yeah, I told Kimball (my sister's husband) that Russ would probably be coming." They were kind of bummed about it because although they love all of our siblings-in-law, they view them as stealers of familial attention. Such nerds.
Not that Russ is an in-law. You got that, Russell? If you read Tali's blog and the comments on her blog, I never said you were a sibling-in-law. You got to earn that. Heh. :)
Why didn't I think of the money in the jar thing?! J/K, glad it went well. Glad you sucked it up and just did it so you don't have regrets! Miss you friend...I really do...even had a dream with you in it last night and us going to dinner. Maybe I need friends...:)
T, you look beautiful. I do love the shoes! Evan looks so happy. Your family is so great, you lucky girl.
Post a Comment