I really do. That my movies are delivered to my house, the exact ones I've chosen in the exact order I've chosen them, and that I don't have to worry about taking them back to the movie store, is so incredibly convenient that I almost can't stand it.
I was hesitant to join at first, mostly because I am not one of those people who prefers to obtain things via the internet. I am all about the brick and mortar establishment. Unless I am searching for something hard to find (Blackadder III on DVD, for example), I much prefer shopping for the things I want to buy. I love making lists of where I need to go, numbering each stop and planning my route, picking out exactly what I want, etc. I love going into Barnes and Noble and smelling the coffee and sitting in a cushy chair and flipping through a book. I love trying on clothes at Ann Taylor. Pretending I'm rich at Tiffany. Watching something be gift-wrapped beautifully and then carrying my bags and parcels to the car.
But I don't believe Netflix falls into this category. Because going to the video store is not like shopping. And having to return the videos, or forgetting to return the videos, is a pain in my butt. I am happy to give those choice experiences up in exchange for my at-home deliveries.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
1 comment:
That is so funny because on-line shopping is almost as fun as in-store shopping to me...but only at places where I know my size like the BR or AT...and I hate bringing all the bags in the house. I feel guilty. Like buyers remorse...or like there are starving children in China and I have bags from Victoria's Secret, Banana Republic, Nordstrom, Deseret Book, and the Gap and that = I'm going to hell.
Post a Comment