Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lessons in Love

Due to recent events that I can neither confirm nor deny, I've been thinking a lot about first kisses. While I've had first kisses in many of the usual places (on the couch, on the doorstep, etc.), I had not until quite recently had a first kiss in the car. Of course, the thing about first kisses is it doesn't really matter where they happen. Because they will shine in your memory regardless.

Due to other events I can neither confirm nor deny (although their occurrence does confirm the continued existence of the rat bastard), I've also been thinking about how even in their late twenties, guys will still play you. And it still sucks. Because at some point you kind of figure a guy will learn that doing the things you do in a relationship tends to equal a relationship.

Perhaps I've been thinking most of all about timing. How you can like someone a lot, but due to things such as time going by, or episodes with distracting rat bastards, you can lose those feelings. And sometimes you don't get them back. I would say it's not fair, except that it's ALL fair. That's the problem.

3 comments:

KES said...

Without seconding the confirmation or denial of events, I will say lessons in love never conform to established rules - we each have our own. What is frustrating is when our own rules seem beyond our control.

Kat said...

Rat bastard is right.

Dani said...

We need to talk. I'm a little muddled on which rat bastard is which and which rat bastards you are kissing. I suck because it has only been...let's see...16 days since I kissed someone but I hate it. It feels like a drought of droughts. Ugh. I'm rambling...