It wouldn't have been so bad except a co-worker's wife sent him in with a container full of the most delicious things I have tasted in quite some time. Buttery crust, lemony cream cheese layer, crumbly crust on top with white chocolate chips baked in. I should have only eaten one, but how, how, I ask you, could I have done that when they were just sitting there? One thing is for sure, this woman MUST be a part of my future bakery venture. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think I should have nothing to do with the baking part of the venture. I'll just run the business. And make mix CDs for us to listen to on those early baking mornings. Except I think I may have already promised that job to Dani...
Actually, I did recently re-discover my favorite cookie recipe. I knew I had it somewhere, written on the back of a small piece of paper in my own messy handwriting. I don't know where it came from or even what the cookies are called, but the 3 cups of oats called for have me thinking it must be something in the 'Oatmeal' realm. I know, I know. I'm a quick one. I made them on Sunday for a potluck, and everyone loved them, so I made more on Monday. Maybe I should bring them in to work. They are not lemony, white chocolate deliciousness, but they are 3 cups of oatey goodness. With a little sugar. Mostly oats though.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
5 comments:
Bring the oat cookies to work? This sounds like trouble. Do you really want to start a war with the other treat maker? Let's face it, Bones, unless your office is having a chili cook-off, leave the treats to the professionals (or at least wait a month or so after HER treats so that there is no comparison). Also, if your oat cookies have chocolate chips in them, I would like the recipe.
Post the recipe, we all need more oats in our diet :)
they do not have chocolate chips. 'that's what i like about it.'
Never bring them to work.
Ever.
Post a Comment