I took one yesterday. Last week had been pretty stressful, my weekend was packed, and I just wanted a day. Needed a day. But I know myself, and I was pretty sure I wouldn't actually take one. I was the girl who didn't like missing school because I hated missing whatever was happening or being assigned. Clearly I have issues. Not that I have a hard time leaving the office. I don't. I take vacation gladly and never carry over even one day because I use all I have each year. (If you ask me, people who choose to cash in their vacation days at the end of the year are the real ones who have issues).
I really can't say enough about how nice it was to take a day. I slept in, ran errands, did some writing, talked to my best friend, made dinner and baked cookies. I suppose my one mistake was logging onto my work email and getting temporarily sucked in by some minor fires that needed to be put out. But all in all, I highly recommend a mental health day. Whoever you are, unless you are lazy, fat, and spoiled, you deserve it.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
3 comments:
Hmmm...Joel thinks I am spoiled but that does not stop me.
I am glad you enjoyed the day though! I usually crash and then feel like I wasted the day.
I need a mental health day everyday. :( And I miss you too, Talita Nay. A lot.
mental health day? do I get one of those? (mental health -- what's that?)
Post a Comment