Getting to work during a snow storm. Let me rephrase. Getting to work during a snow storm when you are not a cross country skier. It's stressful, it takes talent and determination, and it cannot be underestimated. Words really cannot describe what a mess it was out there today. I think this morning's commute took years off my life. But I made it, there and back. Gold medal for me.
Bulling your way through a presentation for which you are not prepared. Let it be known I do this next to never. I enjoy preparing for presentations, and love giving them, but this particular project is at the very bottom of my priority list. Yet I committed myself to work on it through a certain event I was involved in last month, and so my task today (the day of my status report-out) was to make it look like I had put a bunch of time and effort into it when in fact I have put very little. It's not a reflection of my work ethic, rather that everything else on my never-ending to do list is of more importance than this project. Thank goodness for my stellar presentation skills, for the report-out went fabulously. Gold medal for sure.
Getting home from work with less than an hour to make dinner for a boy and clean the entire house. The moment of panic came when he arrived a few minutes early. Dinner wasn't ready, but more importantly, I hadn't put on my lip gloss or powdered my nose. I let him in...and then had to be sneaky about applying said products. Mission accomplished. Bonus points. Resulting in a gold medal.
Sneezing the most times in one day. That's right folks. Between this meeting I was dreading, a project at work that's launch was marred with issues, the nasty weather, and the Olympics killing my bedtime, I find myself completely exhausted and slightly ill on this friday evening. Frankly, this is the one gold medal I could have done without. I would totally have settled for silver.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
3 comments:
Definite bonus points for medal number 3!
I'm remembering how you don't care for driving in the snow. I think it is so ironic your are ending up with all of it this year and us with very little. :) Also ironic that my word verification happens to be "oomen" or more appropriately bad "omen". :)
You are awesome. Congrats on your many gold medals, and for the bonus points on #3. :)
Whenever I read your blog, it makes me miss you. Wish we could see you again sometime.
Summer is coming though, right? Not soon enough.
Post a Comment