When I bought two tix to a Sutton Foster concert weeks ago, I didn't think I'd have a problem finding someone to go. In fact, my good friend K is also a Sutton fan, so she was a shoo in. But a freak snow storm, one that affected the MIDDLE of Ohio rather than the top (a true rarity for Ohio storm systems), kept her quite literally snowed in in Columbus. My backup was a co-worker of mine, but she ended up bailing in the eleventh hour, and so the question became whom to ask next.
The next bucket (after people I like who like Sutton Foster) was people I like who don't care about Sutton Foster. I got a few "if you can't find anyone else I'll go" responses, which are funny, because what these people are actually saying is that they don't want to go. That brought on the next bucket: people I don't like who like Sutton Foster. This bucket brought nothing but disaster, particularly from a certain gentleman who will remain letterless, but whose ability to be pompous is positively insufferable.
I ultimately decided going to the concert alone was better than going with someone just to have someone to go with. Yes, it kind of sucked to be at such a phenomenal performance and have no one to enjoy it with. Yes, it kind of sucked that it was just money down the drain for the extra ticket. But Sutton Foster is fantastic, and just being there was more than enough for me.
The moral of the story is that going alone to something you really want to go to is better than passing it up. Or it could also be that you should perhaps not always buy two tickets to things when you have no default plus one. But the most likely moral to the story is that if you drive over to the theater district enough times, you will eventually get there and back without getting lost.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
1 comment:
I don't even know who Sutton Foster is. I should investigate.
Post a Comment