Sometimes I wish I worked there. Because I see what those girls wear (all Anthro clothes) and I can only imagine how much more reasonably priced said clothes would be after an employee discount. Although in all fairness, the discount would have to be like 80% in order for the prices to be reasonable.
After going to breakfast with a friend in Richie-Richville this morning, I found myself headed for Anthropologie. It was on my way home anyway. Sort of. I'm about to finish my current resolutions chart, and figured I'd have some shopping money headed my way. Plus I had fallen in love with a dress in their most recent catalog. The dress is a pretty lavender color, and although it will no doubt look nowhere near as good on my pasty white skin as it does against the model's gorgeous tan, I still felt the dress belonged in my closet.
The best part about this dress is it has sleeves. Considering Anthro only makes a dress with sleeves about once a year, it remains my biggest challenge with their stores. I'm not a fan of just throwing on a cardigan, so I'm limited to the dresses that will look decent with a collared shirt underneath. (Yes, I get told I dress like a teacher every day of my life.) One last note about the dress...the catalog shows it with a cluster of yo-yos on one side of the collar, and it is darling. I was disappointed to see that the yo-yos do not actually come on the dress. I'm hoping my yo-yo making family members can help me out.
Let me just end by saying that when I found the dress at the store, there was only one. And it fit me. And it was on sale. If that isn't meant to be, then there is no sense in humanity. So the next time you feel your car tugging you to the nearest Anthro, know that it's inspired, and just go along with it. And if in addition to your favorite dress being on sale you also find a delightful gold-embroidered dress that might be perfect for the wedding you are attending in two weeks, just go along with that too.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
3 comments:
you should post a picture of the dress and the yo-yos? Is that some kind of accessory I don't know about or you mean literal yo-yos?
1) I've been stalking the anthro site -- WHICH DRESS IS IT?!
2) I can make yo-yos for you!
3) I'm excited ONE of us has a dress for the wedding ... bah!
I love Anthropoligie. Also, I have no idea what yo-yo's are. The end.
Post a Comment