I spent the majority of Saturday on a sail boat. Even though I sometimes
feel like they're wannabe oceans, the great lakes are pretty amazing. So
is sailing. Not to say that there wasn't a moment of panic when there was
talk of anti-naseau medication and flashbacks of bumpy flights and
horrific rides at Cedar Point came to mind. But, anti-nasuea medicine
ingested, I did just fine. It was a windy day, but very
pleasant, and I swear I could have sat on that boat forever. What is it
about water as far as the eye can see? Or being all windblown and
sun-kissed at the end of the day. Or the peaceful sense of oneness you
feel at temporarily being disconnected from land and all the
responsibilities tied to you there. To me, it is perfection.
And for those keeping track at home, Gramps did arrive. At 2 AM. In Shady McShadeville known as the part of downtown Cleveland where the train station is. Little did I know that the pickup would be the easiest part of his stay. Yesterday, day one with Gramps, consisted of me leaving work at noon to let him in after he had locked himself out of the house, and then we spent the afternoon looking for a locksmith who could cut the padlock on his suitcase since he'd left the key in California. Today seemed to go better. Really, I'm very excited that he's here, and we've got a lot of fun things lined up. Assuming there are no more key mishaps.
One more thing...guess who won their first fantasy football game? You guessed it. Something about beginner's luck.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment