Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Humiliation Corner

I should do these more often, because let's face it, life is humiliating. Especially when you're single and make a point of putting yourself out there. Although to be fair, I don't put myself out there much these days. The last several boys I've been interested in have turned out to be huge disappointments, so I'm sort of over it until a) someone worthwhile moves to the Cleve or b) I come to my senses and quit my job and move to a new city. If neither of those things happen, you'll all be getting invites to my fabulous forthcoming 'Welcome to Spinsterhood" party.

I will say that I've been...distracted...by a boy recently. Distracted by his face, which is remarkably beautiful. I don't see him often, have never spoken a word to him, and didn't really plan on it as he's quite a bit younger than I am. Lest people start calling me Demi, I don't go out of my way to run into him. But overcome by a moment of sheer, brazen insanity, I recently added him as a friend on facebook. I wasn't even sure if he knew who I was, but he accepted the request within a couple of hours. I'm not saying I took this as a sign to start planning our wedding, but I'm a girl, and I at least assumed that his acceptance meant he 1) knew who I was and 2) was comfortable enough with me (as opposed to some stranger) to give me access to all his pictures. I mean, he's pretty, so you KNOW I'm perusing through them.

I ran into the boy, let's call him Ashton, this past weekend and decided the time had come for words.

TJN: "So, we're friends now." (referring to facebook)
Ashton: "We are? Oh, right, we are."

At this point I'm assuming he's remembered about facebook. And then came this:

Ashton: "Remind me of your name again?"

I'm out. I'm out, people.

.

4 comments:

amberkei said...

Nice. Don't you just love guys? Crazies!!

RAJ said...

Don't take it too hard, keeping track of 914 friends is difficult. That's why I weed out (unfriend) 10% every few months.

Take another shot at it. And if he still doesn't remember your name, maybe just act crazy or insane just so he won't forget it a third time.

sNick said...

Did you meet him at a laundromat?

Kat said...

Hilarious.

You should come to Dallas.