I've said it before. I'm a homebody. I suppose part of it is because my hobbies are all things I can do inside. The week I spent at my parents' house last month, for example, was entirely spent 1) studying for my colored stones final (I passed, by the way), and 2) doing a full read-through of my book, which is all laid out now, and taking notes on what I want changed. And just with those two tasks, I couldn't have been happier. Mom even asked if I wanted to head over to the coast to see the light displays over there, and I wasn't interested. I just wanted to be home and revel in the deliciousness that is not having to go to work. Not having to leave the house. Not having to get dressed.
Another part of it is that I'm sentimental. I drove by my old schools several times, for instance, and thought back on them more than I usually do...considering my book is about to come out and most of it takes place in those walls. I saw several people I went to high school with, and even caught up with one in particular whom I hadn't seen in years. I enjoy remembering things, talking to people who remember the same things, and, in some cases, pining for the days that are gone. I'm not old, but I'm older, and back then I was indisputably young, all my decisions ahead of me.
But enough of that. The point is, I love being home. My final vacation tidbit, now I have to somehow get myself back to work, no easy task considering I only went into the office 4 days in December. My body is now used to this whole not working thing. Maybe the blizzard that's hitting today in the Cleve will buy me another day. One can only hope.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment