The plight of the homebody is that when an extremely busy week comes along--full of social events, work outings, and even dates--all she wants is a night at home. Not that I can complain. I mean, it was a very good week. I got exposure to many corporate executives at a work event, enjoyed nice meals on the company's dime, enjoyed other nice meals on a date's dime, took in an absolutely fabulous Cavs game where we won against a great team even without little Kyrie, and enjoyed guy's night out with my hilarious guy friends. And these are all great things. Things I have enjoyed immensely. But after too many days in a row, I start to short circuit. Too....much.....tired.....must....go...home....please. Unfortunately (crap, I meant to say fortunately), I have plans tonight so I won't get to live out my fantasy Friday night, which includes pajamas by 6:30 and catching up on all the shows I've DVRed this week.
On the book front, I did experience a bit of a setback recently. My lawyer suggested some changes that I didn't want to make. Not to mention the layout/typesetting had already been pretty much finalized. But since I'd love to not get sued (in case any of the ten people who read my book happen to work for one of the companies I mention), I made the changes. But I had fun with them. Let's just say the business school chapters just got a little more entertaining, if for no other reason than my fake company names. I'm now onto choosing a cover, and while I've settled on an image, it's the subtle differences in color and placement that have me all kinds of torn. No matter. This is the fun stuff! I still can't even begin to guess as to when this will be done and order-able for the general public, but I'll begin to guess anyway and say that my hope is the middle of March.
Oh, and I accepted a job offer this week. March 1. Let the wild rumpus start.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
1 comment:
ahhhhh! friend i had the feeling i needed to call you today. let's talk soon. very soon.
Post a Comment