I'm not going to the big V-day bash that all my friends are attending. I'd rather stay in. A shocker, I know. But I still felt like I deserved some sort of treat for dinner. Take-out? Delivery? So I drove to the store and knew I had found my valentine when I saw the big corner display of Kraft mac and cheese. Yes. Please.
Although standing in the checkout line, I had a moment of sheepishness when I looked in my basket at the overall combination of my purchases: Mac and cheese box, butter, ice cream, and cat treats. Could I have been any more obvious? I may as well have been wearing a neon SINGLE button. Suddenly embarrassed over my lot in life, or maybe just my basket, I noticed there was a cute guy behind me (buying a valentine's card...for some beautiful girl, no doubt). I dumped my contents onto the belt and stole a glance at him. He looked at the pile of things I was buying and then shot me a brief but amused smile. I shot him one back, although mine wasn't so much amused as it was, "I wish that card was for me." Whatever. I'll take my mac and cheese. And I'll like it. Although it's just occurred to me that the only milk I have in the fridge is vanilla flavored. Foiled.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment