This is actually the name of the donut shop in Pittsburgh that changed my life last year. I have seriously been smitten with them ever since, and every time I visit my friends J&J, I convince them that we should all head to Pittsburgh's Strip District for some of the hippie deliciousness that is Peace, Love, and Little Donuts. So you might say the highlight of my Pitt get-a-way this weekend was the donuts. Or you might say the highlight of the weekend was learning that this very shop I love has opened up a store right here in Cleveland. That's right peeps. Perhaps not such a good thing for my waistline, but knowing these little donuts are that much closer to me was good news indeed.
I jest, because the real highlight of the weekend was meeting J&J's new baby, J, who is pretty much adorable. He's actually already almost 3 months old, I've just been so busy that this was the first weekend I got a chance to visit. It's fun to see couples that you know and are close to in the throes of new parenthood. I don't mean throes in a bad way. I mean the sharp attacks of emotion that accompany the baby you've waited your whole life for. Not that I would know. But as a seeming life-long observer of friends and family members with expanding broods, sometimes it's nice to be around the newbies. They are enamored. In over their heads and clueless sometimes, surely, but totally basking in a newfound sense of purpose and love. So without further ado, here are a few shots of sweet baby J. I hope he likes donuts.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment