I'm happy to report that the writing desk my sister gave me for my birthday has made its way to Ohio. Writing Desk got here via my friend L who happened to be driving across the country back to the Cleveland area. Let's pause for a second to reflect on the odds of someone's road trip goal actually being the Cleveland area, and yet another second still to smile about something working out like this. L has a tiny car, and both my sister and I had doubts that Writing Desk would actually fit inside it. I sent L the dimensions, and as any true friend would do (read: I don't know anyone else who would do this), she made a desk of those same dimensions out of cardboard to see if it would fit. It did.
Clementine doesn't quite know what to think of Writing Desk, possibly because she knows that when I'm writing, she doesn't have my full attention. Or really any of my attention. I just tell her I'm working and hope she understands. Although if we really we want to talk about new arrivals, I should mention that there's a new man in my life. Who is also seriously cutting into Clementine's time. Poor thing. To make it up to her, I have upgraded her wet food to the fancy flavors that they don't sell at Costco, and she has a new toy. Although at this point she doesn't quite know what to make of it. Much like the desk.
I'd post the darling picture taken of me and New Boy last weekend at the Indians game, but my shirt looks like it's completely see-through. Which is awesome. Because it means that potentially all of Cleveland saw more than they wanted to and I had no idea. I maintain it was the camera...or the way the light was hitting my shirt at that very moment. I'm not even going to consider the alternative. I'm just going to sit here, at my new desk, and keep typing.
.
1 comment:
can i get a personal pic of the new man? i promise i only want to see him and not your friends.
Post a Comment