Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving Report

Well, it's happened. M has met the family. And not just a dinner with the folks or an outing with a brother or sister. But the better part of a week spending every moment with my immediate family. Not that we're a hard family to be around, but I do give M full marks for being so easy-going himself. I would have certainly handled a 5-day meet-the-fam fest much less calmly.


More important than M meeting the entire fam was that the entire fam was together in the first place. It's been 6 years since we were all in the same place at the same time, and that's pretty remarkable slash ridiculous considering I only have three siblings and two of them have gotten married during those 6 years. We took advantage of this and took a family photo to replace the circa 1998 that's currently hanging in my parents' living room. We also did a session in the temple together, which was as special as it is rare. Think about it. All members of a family being active in church? That's no small feat.

Other than almost blowing M up on our Thanksgiving morning rocket-launching activity, there were no catastrophes to speak of, although I confess to a being plagued by a "worlds colliding" sensation the entire week. Is this normal? Don't answer that. It's just that he's the first person I've ever brought home, and things certainly become a bit more real when you see your boyfriend reading your nephews a bedtime story. Worlds colliding. It's not bad, it's just new. I guess the good news is it won't be so new when he joins me for Christmas in the PacNW. The bad news is I hear a live family nativity is in the works. Did I mention worlds colliding? Here are a few pics (mostly taken by M), and if I can figure out how to upload the videos (also taken by M), I'll post those sometime too.









No comments: