What started as a couple days of a 102.5 degree fever has over the past week and a half turned into a horrible cold, an unbearably painful sore throat (which has not yet gone away), a few days of no voice, and to top it all off, my first ever case of pink eye. This illness not only ruined my first Valentine's Day with M (when I say ruined, I'm being dramatic...it was a lovely evening despite my feeling crappy), it also made the recruiting trip I was on over the past week particularly draining. I can't remember a time I felt worse, healthwise, so flying and driving across states, interviewing candidates, and sleeping in hotels was not conducive at all to feeling better. But after I arrived home and reflected upon the horror of being ill while on the road, I was reminded that in spite of my health, it had been a great trip. I got to see my sister and nephews while in Colorado, some great friends while in Utah, and my brothers while in Idaho. And a week where I get to see all my siblings is worth any amount of discomfort.
(Yes, I wore the same sweatshirt the whole time, and yes, Evan really does have his hair cut like that.)
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment