You know you may have overdone it with Restaurant Week when someone from church calls to ask if you can attend a meeting and you have to reply that you literally have no free nights all week. Because of Restaurant Week. I bet they've never heard
that one before.
In short, Restaurant Week is about a 10 day stretch where most of the nice restaurants in downtown Cleveland offer three course meals for $30. This is still more food than you would typically eat at dinner and more than you would typically spend, but the bottom line is, this is a great deal. Plus, it's fleeting. And so I look forward to Restaurant Week all year. I think Lola had the best offering this year, and I'm not surprised. Michael Symon's personality bothers me sometimes, but his food is delicious.
My body is recovering from several nights in a row of late bedtimes and too much food, but of all the things Restaurant Week leaves behind (I can't think of any), mostly it leaves me feeling grateful to live in a city. Almost five years in, I'm still reveling in how much fun it is to have access to fine dining, theater, sports teams, museums, etc. It's something I didn't grow up with, but I can tell it's going to be hard to give up if life ever takes me back to the boonies.
.
No comments:
Post a Comment