Went to my first yoga class today (I put before and after posts on the book blog...and Lululemon themselves actually responded to my tweet about their tight pants), and the extent to which I will be sore tomorrow (and beyond) is not able to be described in words, but suffice it to say, I needed a sedentary activity this evening.
The problem with my decision of going to a movie theater is that today is the coldest day of fall so far. It's the day when forties and rainy feels much worse than it really is since it's been so long since we've felt anything this cold. Anything cold at all, really. When thinking about how cold my already like-ice feet were going to be in the theater, my mind flashed to the ENORMOUS box of hot hands packs in my closet. (A gift from M....I can't really remember why, except that I was always borrowing his socks and sweaters and jackets.) Anyway, I remembered the hot hands. Stuff a couple of those babies in my shoes while at the movies on a chilly day, and I'm in business. But I opened the box and found something even better. A sample pair of ones actually made for feet. They actually stick to the inside of your shoes and run the full length of your foot. Why am I not wearing these every day of my life??
It's not just that my feet were toasty through every moment of Sandra Bullock surviving space, it's that they are still toasty now, as I sit on the couch in my pajamas, shoes still on. My winter commutes will never be the same.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
1 comment:
Hello! I've got to find me some of those! Always have cold feet, although I bought myself UGG slippers last year and everyday I have to work I want to wear them. (Sorry so late with the comment, I'm just catching up on your amazing life)
Post a Comment