I'll never cease to be amazed at how effective Disneyland is at making you forget about real life, about work, about stress, about anything going on in the world. All you have to focus on while there--indeed, all you CAN focus on while there--is being happy. And for people like me who have spent time in the park since they were little kids, it also affords the chance to feel like a kid again yourself.
For example, I don't think most adults would think it makes any sense (or provides any amount of liberating satisfaction) to get on the Dumbo ride, raise your little flying elephant to the very top, and hold your arms up against the wind as you circle round. I don't think most adults get emotional when the Casey Jr. train drives by, because I don't think most adults can remember riding in those cars with a beloved grandparent who has long since passed away. I don't think most adults have a framed picture on their nightstand of their entire family on Splash Mountain. I really don't think most (read: hardly any) adults cherish this park the way I do, so I felt truly fortunate to get to spend some time there this month.
The weather was gorgeous, the Little Mermaid and Cars rides (which were both under construction the last time I was there) are positively delightful, and the best part was I got to experience it with my BFF. She's about to move away from her beloved California for good, and what better place to celebrate a farewell? What better place to celebrate anything?
1 comment:
You should have requested the smolder.
Post a Comment