This new cat was actually taken in by M, who has the same caring nature toward animals that I do. He found it on Friday night and went out and bought everything cat thing you can think of. Knowing I've been tossing around the idea of getting a cat, he dropped it off with me today, giving me a chance to get to know it, maybe see if I want to keep it. While I love me a kitten, I did not fall in love with this one. Maybe because even after being washed thoroughly, he still has a very 'stray' look, and it kind of grossed me out. Maybe because he's a boy, and black and white, whereas I prefer orange, girl cats. Maybe because I was never really sure when he was going to poop (and where he would be when he did). Mostly because it was exhausting to run around the house making sure he wasn't getting stuck between the oven and the fridge or something. I'm sure those of you with children are thinking that the things I just said mean I will be a very bad mother when the time comes, but in my defense, if I had grown this cat inside of me for nine months, I would gladly clean up his poop.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
5 comments:
I like him! You should keep him. It's ok if he has a stray look......he can just be known as an alley cat.
He's just a little guy. I'm partial to black and white stray cats myself. The "stray" look will pass though. When I brought Socrates home, she looked the same way, scrawny, sickly, etc...4 months later she's got a shiny, healthy coat and is a regular cold blooded killa (of mice, snakes, moles and anything else she can creep up on)
R
Ah, yes. And don't forget the cat you adopted at the Briar house. I still remember the day it ran into OUR apartment instead of yours and, well, you know how I feel about cats...but for the record, this new kitten of yours IS rather cute...I suppose...
Oh and I think you should call him Stanley. Mostly because black and white cats make excellent Stanleys.
Oh but he looks so sweet all cuddled up in your arms, how can you say "no"!?
Post a Comment