The facts are these. This whole Lebronathon has been ridiculous, and I wish he would have played these past couple of weeks differently. I can't say that I'm surprised at his decision, because as soon as I heard these 'big three in Miami' rumblings weeks ago, I placed my bet. He wants a championship, and he was going to go where it seemed the most likely to get him one next season. He was clearly Miami bound. Which is why my own little blog poll a week ago showed one vote for Miami. It was mine. Although I don't actually think the creator is supposed to vote. Because the poll went all screwy after that. I digress.
If he's after a championship pronto, then he made the smart choice. But I think the damage done to his legacy and reputation over the past few days is irreversible. To truly be great he would have needed to stick around, step it up, and bring a championship to Cleveland. I wish there were some sort of loyalty in this game. I wish a 2-time MVP wouldn't feel his career worthless unless he gets a championship. I wish he would have stayed. Because I will miss winning basketball games. There's just nothing like it. Especially in the Cleve.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
4 comments:
on a brighter note; season tickets just got a whole lot cheaper . . .
I agree, he was a d-bag about it. I mean needing an ESPN special to announce his decision? Come on.
This comment brought to you by word verification: PERTHO.
I don't see what the big deal is. You like to win, Bones? SO DOES LEBRON! So, he's going to do what helps him win. His contract was up, so, with "winning" as his motivation, this makes all the sense in the world. He should "build up a team"? Since when is that his job? He's not the coach.
Did I not vote for Miami? I totally thought I did...hmmmm...maybe I voted for Cleveland to give you hope...random.
Post a Comment