










This is what my family has been calling this weekend for the past several months as we've planned and looked forward to it. D and I both went through, in Rexburg, and it was so great to have E, T, and my parents there as well. I missed L terribly and wished she could have been there, but with a toddler and a very pregnant belly, she was excused. The rest of us were in attendance, and although weather delays had me arriving at 4 AM my time and getting a whopping 3 hours sleep in a 42 hour time period, I was surprisingly able to get through the weekend as if I were in tip top shape. Blessings all around. I could sum up the weekend by saying this: Nothing beats families. Except forever families. A few other notables from the trip are mentioned below.
Campus. I loved seeing my old stomping grounds there in Rexburg. It's hard to believe it was ten years ago that I started out at Ricks. The city, while still small, is light years ahead of where it was then. They have an Applebees for crying out loud, a round-about, a temple. The campus has several new buildings, but I can still find my way around like a pro...mostly. It's strange the feeling of wishing I could be back there. I loved college. I loved being good at school, feeling ready to kick life in the pants, knowing every semester finished was getting me closer to something I was working toward. But I digress...real life beckons.
The R Family. They are one of the most dear families I have ever known. The mother, K, graduated with me in Rexburg all those years ago. A healthy mix of humor and heart, she is steadfast and immovable, and so are her children. All some of the most wonderful souls you will ever meet in your life. At one point I was crazy about one of her sons, I've been roommates with one of her daughters, and all the other children I've interacted with over the years. I was so happy to get to spend some time at the R homestead this weekend. Combined with seeing campus, being with the R's made me almost sick for those good old days when we were together. I must get out there more often.
Inception. Oh. My. Gosh. What a phenomenal movie! I went with E and T yesterday, and I think it's safe to say we were all impressed. My two criteria are usually how 'into' the movie am I while watching, and also how different/unique/creative of an idea it is. I give the highest marks in both categories to this film. Go see it! You will not be disappointed. Unless you prefer boring, stale plots.
The Tiffany bracelet. Let's rewind to a few years ago. I'm in NYC at T & Co, and I'm trying to decide which of 2 items to purchase. A silver bracelet with a small flower clasp, or a plain silver ring. I ultimately decided against the bracelet as it was (a couple hundred) more than I wanted to spend. So here I am in Idaho Falls at an antique mall looking through the jewelry section, and I spot a small silver bracelet that reminds me of the T & Co. The lady hands it to me out of the case, and imagine my surpreeze at seeing that it IS the T & Co! And that, friends, is how I came to be the owner of this darling bracelet years after first seeing it. And for a Fracky McFraction of the price. The lady was so touched by the story, she even said: "You were meant to have this." And I think I was.
.
4 comments:
We saw Inception on Friday and yes, it is AMAZING.
It's been a long time since I've seen a movie that I liked that much and told people they MUST see it. Wow.
Congrats on the bracelet, the endowment, etc.
This comment brought to you by word verification: slyrdon.
The movie I saw this weekend was Minority Report. (Yes, I'm seven years behind the times.) Also a great movie. I look forward to Inception in 2017.
That's so exciting! Those moments are the best because you usually share them with family. Glad you had a good weekend!
Yes... do plan a trip back soon! It was so fun to see you. Don't wait so long. What a special day! I am so glad you made us part of it! I think you are wonderful and I am so proud of you! Your family exceeded my expectations- you are funny people! It made me wish I could just sit and watch you guys- I don't think I could even participate in the conversation because all your brains and mouths move too fast, but still... fun to watch and soak in what I can. I miss you! Keep in touch!
Post a Comment