In general I would not recommend going to a concert the night before you have to catch a 6:30 AM flight to visit one of your customers. Especially not when the flight still puts you 2.5 hours away from said customer and you have to drive the rest of the way. Not to mention drive the 2.5 hours back to the airport. I also wouldn't recommend putting off stopping at the gas station on your early-morning airport run, because by the time you get back to your car and find yourself out of gas, it might be 8 PM, and the gas station you stop at might have a dysfunctional pump #12 and cause you extreme frustration in your overly-exhausted state. Pump #5 might also be broken, such that you have to drive across the street to another gas station. The first pump you try there might also be malfunctioning, such that by the time you finally do get gas, you will be in pieces over the half hour of your life you have just spent dealing with this and will never get back.
That said, going to a concert the night before you have to catch a 6:30 AM flight to visit one of your customers is totally worth it if it's your favorite band in the world. So I'm happy to report that my sleep-deprived gas station meltdown was a result of the Counting Crows being in town. They put on such a good show, and I can't say enough about how much I like this band. Such a full sound from having so many people. And I love the piano in there. And then there's Adam. Crazy as he is, I think he's got a great voice. Which is probably why I had "Colorblind" in my head as I flew/drove across Michigan the next day. And also why I had a certain other of his choice words in my head when none of the gas pumps in Cleveland were working.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment