Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pittsburgh Arts Festival, Round 2

I took another quick trip to Pittsburgh this weekend because it was time for the annual arts festival that was so awesome last year. You may or may not recall my post from a year ago, but I dropped several hundred dollars at last year's festival. Perhaps a good thing for my wallet, but I didn't find nearly as many things this year that I couldn't live without, but I still walked away with a few sparkly new things and the same rather eye-opening conclusions: First, there are so many creative people out there, and second, I kind of wish I were one of them.

I do feel I'm creative in some ways, but I've never been any good at making things with my hands. Unless you count the windsock I made (out of fabric, on a sewing machine) in seventh-grade home economics class. And the part of me that has always longed to have my own shop or store or goods of some kind wishes I had the ability to craft something that would bring the masses to my booth at festivals the country over. Oh well. For now I'll be content to admire the work of others and continue adding select vendors to my ever-growing list of favorites.

And I know you're probably sick of hearing me gush about Pittsburgh, but I really do like it there. Such a beautiful city with all those rivers and bridges, yet it still has the old-city feel of Cleveland. I think I'd consider living there if they had an NBA team. (I can't believe I just revealed my rather ridiculous criteria for the next city I live in.) Here are a few pics of the city. And one darling shot of baby J.







1 comment:

Dan-o said...

Tucson Rock and Gem Show. Spring 2013. Be there or be square. You would probably really dig it. Lots of eclectic art, Southwestern pieces, international stuff, etc. We have a guest room you can stay in if you'd like.