Monday, August 13, 2012

Every 4 Years


It shouldn't shock any of you that the Olympics make me and my writer-self happier and more sentimental than usual. I feel more bonded to my fellow Americans and more sure that dreams can come true (at least for the beautiful, athletic people of the world). 

Despite seriously cutting into my bedtime, I'm sad the Olympics are over, and considering they only happen once every 4 years, these games have had me reflecting on the things in my life that have changed since Beijing. Incidentally, I had just moved to Cleveland in the summer of 2008, so the Olympics-driven reflection phase I now find myself in has really been a look back on major life happenings since moving here.










And many more good times in between. Looking forward to Rio and the pictures I can add to this list 4 years from now. Also looking forward to the hopeful return of Summer Sanders, who was the source of my all-time favorite commentator moment back in 2000. "Swimmers have great packages...........of skill and talent." That they do, Summer. That they do. .





3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I never get tired of that photo of Adler. Maybe it will always be my favorite.

sNick said...

Your brother with the slightly long hair looks like a Weasly, as in the Harry Potter variety. I always think that when you post photos of him.

amberkei said...

I'm sad about the Olympics being over too. Although I am finally sleeping a little more. I like checking in on what you have to say. Hope things are well.
P.S. I hope to read your book soon!