It's like this: I have a bad stomach. It hurts a lot, all the time really, and my digestive issues are a constant source of frustration. Not that I should complain, because I know people who have it way worse. None of the tests I've had done have really found anything, and none of my diet experiments (ie. avoiding certain foods) have uncovered anything either, but to be fair, I had never tried gluten-free. My test results came back negative for celiac, so I didn't see the point, but there seem to be enough celiac-free people who still claim to feel better sans-gluten that I thought I'd give it a try.
I had made a deal with myself that I would eat gluten-free for at least one month. Starting January 1. And here it is only two weeks later and I think I've decided to cut it short. Mostly because I haven't noticed a difference or lessening of symptoms, and also there's a small part of me that is shocked and annoyed that gluten free stuff is so ridiculously expensive (although I confess my image and entire social standing has no doubt improved substantially since I started doing all my grocery shopping at Whole Foods). Eating GF has also caused me to lose weight, and when you add this onto the weight I lost over Christmas when I was deathly ill, I'm not sure it's healthy for me to keep this up.
I'm not that sad to say goodbye to GF, although I would have gladly put up with it for life had it made my stomach feel better. Oh well. It was worth it. If for no other reason than Whole Foods, it was worth it.
.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
1 comment:
Phew! I was certain this was going to be the end of our Dewey's Dates!!!
Post a Comment