Friday, January 25, 2013

Meltdown in the Arctic

I shouldn't complain, because this is the first week all winter that I've had to deal with any snow. And it wasn't even a full week, as I was in Indiana on Monday and Tuesday (the highlight had to have been getting in my car in the morning and reaching for some lotion only to realize it was frozen solid). I think they had record low temps while I was there, but no snow. Which is all I really care about. But the east side of Cleveland has been blasted with lake effect snow pretty much all week. In addition to single-digit temps. So before you judge me for resorting to tears on Tuesday night when I returned to the Cleve, let me set the scene for you.

Needing to get my rental to Hertz before they closed (I literally got there just in time), this found me walking home. At night. In the ghetto. In a foot of snow. With negative wind chill. It was painfully cold, I was scared, and I sort of wished I could have demanded that M drop everything and drive over to my part of town to rescue me. And I suppose I could have. But then I felt selfish (because you would certainly never see ME driving through a snow storm if I didn't absolutely have to) and helpless, which only made me cry more. And as it turned out, M did brave the roads (which were awful) just to see me, which sort of made me wish I had just dropped the car off late and paid for an extra day. At least that way I would have had a ride home and saved myself the blubbering. Is it spring yet?
.

No comments: