Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1

Sometimes year ends are tough on the part of me that likes to accomplish things, because when the time comes to reflect on the goals that were set 365 days ago, I often come up short. Like I did in 2012. Here I am writing my new goals for 2013 feeling totally awesome because 3 of the 4 goals I set in 2012 I failed at miserably. So what's the solution? Easier goals? More motivation? A reward system? I don't know, but I want to be better. In all aspects of my life, I want to be better. Good luck with that. 

Not that I consider 2012 a failed year. On the contrary. I feel like it was one of my best. But in the areas I had hoped to focus on and improve, I didn't end up putting them ahead of other priorities and pursuits that came up throughout the year. So I guess the point of all this is that I enjoy the chance each year to adjust, to examine, to prioritize, and to hope. Happy new year, friends.

PS, I got a kick out of flipping back to this gem, written last New Year's Day. I'm happy to report I finally had a stone cold fox to kiss at midnight.
.

No comments: