Monday, August 26, 2013

The Shuttle

Enjoyed some much-needed nephew time over the past few days. And this time I arranged for a shuttle to take me from the airport to L's house. I paid extra for a car that would take me immediately upon arrival (since my other option was waiting around for enough passengers to fill a van...and I was told it probably wouldn't although definitely could take all day). Granted, I knew how much I had paid, but I was still shocked to find a smartly-dressed (dare I say dapper) driver reaching out his hand and offering a friendly, "Tali?" As if we were old friends. I still couldn't believe it as he opened the door of an incredibly official-looking black car, couldn't believe it when I got in and saw how clean it was, how not nasty it smelled, and the cold beverage waiting for me. Of course, the driver was probably the one who couldn't believe it when my no-doubt super important destination turned out to be residential. I saw him looking down at his GPS repeatedly as we turned onto the street and all he saw at the end of the dead-end were three little faces eagerly waiting in the front lawn. Super important? You betcha.









1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

I believe it was FOUR eager faces. Eating popsicles. I should have offered him one. Though it might have dripped on his outfit. But he could have at least tried a "yittle yick".