Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Par-tay

It didn't occur to me until after I posted this pic on twitter and facebook that the 2 carats I was borrowing for the occasion might raise some questions. As multiple people have asked me, no, I am not engaged. (Although M and his entire family showed up at the party and a group of my co-workers who know the situation were sure he was trying to stage some epic mea culpa proposal. Right. Because that happens.)

At any rate, the party was fabulous. My aunts, mom, and grandma flew in, and the party was a wonderful combination of people all gathered to support me. Which is exactly how I felt...supported. It's hard not to feel silly at a party thrown entirely for yourself for work that you've done entirely yourself, but it still feels nice to take a moment and acknowledge accomplishment, regardless of how insignificant (and unprofitable) it will end up being.

And most exciting of all is that the new book is out! Got my first review on Amazon (from M's uncle, of all people). Kindle should drop this week for those who prefer electronic, but it's been fun to have the first wave of readers giving me updates on their progress with the book. This one really is so different. And so, so sparkly.

.



No comments: