Thursday, March 12, 2009

The end of my 14-year relationship

I received the disheartening news a few days ago that my long-time CD club, BMG music, is being discontinued. This announcement holds no small amount of sadness for me, as BMG has been a part of my life for 14 years this month. That's right. I was the 12-year-old genius child who couldn't figure out why my mom tried so hard to dissuade me from getting sucked into the get-7-CDs-for-a-penny scam. I really didn't understand it (still don't). Because it's not a scam. It's a screaming deal. I may have had next to no money when I left home, but I had hundreds of CDs. All I can say is after 14 years of rarely paying more than $5 for a CD, it's going to be awfully hard to enter the world of regularly priced albums.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

Better hurry and get that new 2009 Ace of Base CD.