Monday, March 23, 2009

Things that confuse me...

People who know what direction they are facing at all times. These people confuse me. Because how do they do it? How do they know exactly where to go when they are lost, how are they able to logically deduce within an instant which direction something is? Too many people in this world describe a place using directions, and I am one of the unfortunate few to whom north, south, east, and west mean nothing when compared to the exact spot I'm in at any given time. You tell me to take an exit and go west to find your house? I won't find it. You tell me to use the entrance on the south side of a building? I'll surely use the wrong one. Just the other day I witnessed a co-worker ask another co-worker to meet him in the conference room on the east side of the second floor. How did he even know that? I just don't get it.

Signs warning you that deer are in the area. These are particularly confusing to me when I see them posted alongside the freeway. Because, really, what am I supposed to do about the fact that I'm driving through a deer-riddled area at 70 mph? Slow down to 50? Keep my eyes on the side of the road, scanning for moving creatures? Have my foot ready to pounce on the brakes? I guess it's a good idea to inform drivers of when they should be extra cautious, but then why is it that I always pass these signs and realize there's really nothing I can do to decrease my chances of hitting one.

My new phone. Yes, my phone died over the weekend. It's an old phone, such that it gets comments every time people see it. But I never had any desire to upgrade. I don't need a phone with music, camera, bluetooth, internet, email, keyboard, the kitchen sink, etc. But Saturday morning, the phone was clearly broken. None of the keys would work. I couldn't even turn it off. My new phone is not deluxe, but it still confuses me. I can't figure out how to put it on T9 or set up speed dial and it took me seriously five minutes to find where to plug the recharger in.

People who workout in sweats and a sweatshirt. I'm not even going to comment further on that. So confusing.

2 comments:

KES said...

Wow, I can't believe you got a new phone!I would loved to have been there while you talked to the sales person about which phone to purchase.

I don't mind sweatshirts but sweatpants make me gag!

Kat said...

I myself am confused by the fact that parents hire cheerleading coaches for their children who want to try out for cheerleading.