Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Celebrity Lookout Part 2

So I was downtown on Monday night for the Indians game. As a sidenote, it was the most beautiful evening in the history of baseball games. Also noteworthy is that Ichiro's homerun (the first at-bat of the entire game, mind you) almost hit me in the head. And I'm only slightly exaggerating. As another sidenote, the game was a heartbreaker. We lost in the ninth. And as yet another sidenote, can you believe the "we" I meant there is the Indians and not the Mariners?

As I was crossing the street to get to the baseball field, suddenly a deafening stream of explosions began coming from my right. I looked over to one of the filming areas, and sure enough, they were filming some sort of battle/action/explosion/end-of-the-world scene. You could see the flashes from the cannons or fireworks or whatever it was, and, once again, it was SO LOUD.

I was tempted to ditch the game altogether and hang out by the set and see if I could get on screen somehow as an extra. I'm sure I could play dead very well in the aftermath of the explosion. But I settled for getting a close-up look at the street after the game was over. It seriously looked like an earthquake had claimed the street. Overturned, smashed cars were strewn about, debris everywhere. Chaos. Chaos I tell you.

And one more sidenote...Chris Evans is reportedly staying at the Ritz. I might need to stop over there some time, sit at the bar, and see who I see. If the Ritz doesn't get blown up between now and then, that is.

.

No comments: