I celebrated a birthday this past week, and I've been meaning for a few days now to sit down and write a birthday recap post. And now here I am, only with the strange and rather embarrassing realization that nobody cares. I mean, ask yourself, do you really want to know about my lunch with co-workers or my dinner with friends? Exactly. But I'll tell you anyway.
Just kidding. I will say that my favorite gift was a digital guitar tuner, which adds to the 'I'm a rock star' illusion I've got going on. And my favorite birthday surprise was the 'Happy Birthday T' sign I found at my desk. I must preface the sign story by saying that our company has recently launched a new product. It's kind of a cross between a post-it and a label, and we've all been given gobs of these things to use. Nothing against my company, but they are just about the most useless things I've ever come across, and I can't think of a single thing to do with them. That is until I saw my birthday sign, each letter on its own colorful label/note. The PERFECT thing for this product, and I even thought of snapping a picture and sending it to the marketing folks. Clearly they need to go after the birthday sign market and leave us office folk alone. Because I'm sticking with 3M. No pun intended.
I did spend yesterday giving myself probably the most scandalous gift possible. I gave myself an IOU from my resolutions chart and went shopping. I know, I know. What horribly unethical resolve I have. But it wasn't my fault. It was Anthropologie's fault. And Banana Republic's fault. My two favorite stores, and they both sent me birthday coupons that needed to be used this month. So see, I had no choice. Even though I had spent most of my shopping bank at the outlets in Park City, I just couldn't let these lovely coupons go to waste. You would have done the same thing. Or not. But let's just say, for the sake of argument, that you would have. Happy birthday to me.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
4 comments:
Yay! Happy birthday to you, indeed!!
I've been thinking about you this week, dear former roommate. The weather is just starting to be nice enough to sit on a lawn chair in the backyard.
Oh, yes. I'm already training Hannah...
I think it was an IOU well spent. I had a significant amount in reward points gift cards that I took into BR a couple weeks ago. The cashiers eye's were huge "someone's been saving up" - I didn't have the heart to admit that those were just the rewards I'd gotten in the last two months :)
And I will hopefully get around to mailing your gift this week. Should've planned ahead and brought it to Utah, sigh.
Hey bones, will you get a hold of Lydia and send her my gmail address so she'll let me view her blog? Thanks.
shopping at anthropologie and banana is perfectly legit, if i do say so myself.
in related news, happy very belated birthday, friend!
Post a Comment