Thursday, December 3, 2009

Waiting for white

It's not that I'm HOPING or WISHING for the snow to come. Quite the contrary. But I'm waiting for it, because I know it's coming. Soon. I suppose I can't really complain. It's a full six weeks later in the year than last year's first snow, and still Cleveland hasn't seen any action. C-landers are flabbergasted. Most of those whom I've heard comment about it say they've never seen a year with no snow by this point. To me, all signs point to a mild winter. Right? But apparently the almanac says this will be the worst Ohio winter in ten years. Who even writes these almanacs? Debbie Downer? In actuality, it's probably the farmers who look at the size of squirrels' tails and the number of acorns that fall from the trees. It's ridiculous. And yet, somehow, always right.

1 comment:

Dani said...

You are such a good writer. I am always so impressed with your wit and the way it all flows. And yes, apparently it is Debbie Downer who writes those things. I'm so sorry about the worst Ohio winter ever. And wasn't last year the worst Oregon winter ever? I'm seeing a common denominator here...states that begin with O. Next year is Oklahoma. Mark my words. The squirrels already have.