Whoever’s idea it was to put sandwiches on rye bread should be severely punished. And whoever’s idea it was to package said sandwiches without at least labeling them as rye should be punished even further. Taking out all the seeds…there’s 20 minutes I’ll never see again. Who even LIKES rye bread? I really can’t figure it out. It’s sick.
On another subject entirely, I made a grocery run…on account of not having any food in the house…and they were giving out samples of champagne. This seems strangely out of place for any grocery store, let alone the most ghetto corner of east Cleveland. For the record, I turned down the sample and headed for the fish counter where I bought a pound of cod. Then I sang a round of ‘Hook is a Codfish’ and everyone assumed I had partaken of the champagne sample. Or maybe 10 of them.
And because I just had to mention it, my favorite Paula Deen excerpt today came while she was making scrambled eggs. She mixed sour cream in as she beat the just-cracked egg, and her explanation of why she was doing it went like this: “I just think the sour cream makes for an extra creamy egg.” Really, Paula? Do you think so? Cream makes things creamy, just about blew my mind.
Camping at Pine Flats July 2025
10 months ago
5 comments:
I would've loved to have heard your codfish song! Why do I always miss those things!?
Confession: I love rye bread. But only toasted. And you CAN get it without seeds, if that's your beef with it.
And let's be honest, you didn't pass on the champagne, you took one, and went back with your sunglasses on for a second. I know you too well
I love your comments on Paula Dean! It cracks me up. And I agree with you, who needs sour cream in scrambled eggs? It was nice chatting for a moment today friend. Hope you are surviving the snow!
I like rye bread. There was a little bakery in south Chicago where I used to get it for $1 a loaf. I lived off of it for a couple of months.
do they ID before handing out the champagne? thats so weird to me to have samples of something alcoholic being passed out. and yes, i love the paula dean comments too. hilarious.
Post a Comment