My cat is a girl cat. She's 2 (or so they say), very small, and is just about the sweetest thing. She loves attention, but doesn't demand it. Every time I pet her it's like she remembers it's the best thing ever. My two concerns after bringing her home were 1) why does even the calmest and most chill of cats still feel the need to scratch everything in sight? OK, she's not that bad. But I've never had an indoor cat before, and I guess I didn't realize how prevalent a role their claws play. 2) Will she actually use the litter box? This is always a concern. Even though they know HOW, WILL they? And so great was my relief when she did her business in just the right place a few hours after arriving.
Naming her proved a challenge indeed. So great was my wrestle (because I just didn't want to pick something and have it be wrong or not fit) that a co-worker of mine even told me that I need therapy for my commitment issues. I wanted to disagree, but thought she actually had the better case. It was my sister who saved the day. I told her I wanted a C name (to have a 'so-and-so the cat' alliteration thing going on), and she ran down the list of her current C/K girl names. The last one was the jackpot: Clementine. I confess this has also been on my short list of favorite girl names, but assuming I will not marry a cowboy, I've given up the dream. Moral of the story: If you want to do something, just do it. Don't wait for perfect conditions. And also: People who have recently named a child and are preparing to name another can be incredibly valuable resources.
6 comments:
"If you want to do something, just do it. Don't wait for perfect conditions." This is my favorite. Don't you get tired of waiting for life to start. I'm not waiting anymore.
Congrats. And I love the name.
Remember how you had a big bag of catfood in our laundry room (to keep the strays around?) and Dan never questioned when he saw it?
Haha to Lisa's comment. Good times. I actually was reminiscing about the time that the stray ran through OUR apartment instead of yours and I was displeased.
Really what I was going to say (prior to being distracted by Lisa) was that I'm glad you finally did it. And I actually think a) Clementine the Cat is downright adorable and b) she's pretty cute...for a cat.
Yay!!! I am so happy you got a cat - and such a cute one! This means I must come to Cleveland to visit you and the new cat! I love the name. Hopefully she isn't a trouble maker...
Yea!! Welcome to the Feline Family. She looks very pretty and even better she's so calm and well-behaved. Congrats!!
Oh- Tali, you didn't. :) Just teasin'- they can be better company the people sometimes... just not to me. :) I'll stick with the pictures of them... I like the name though.
Post a Comment