OK. I know, I know. Two playoff games in one week is perhaps a little much, but I couldn't help myself. If it makes anyone feel any better, I am at least trying to limit myself to one game per series. Because let's face it, tickets are outrageous no matter where you sit, and I sit in the front. It did take a fair amount of deliberating over which game to attend. I thought I would stick to Game 5 (we'd be further in, things would be more intense, we might POSSIBLY be to the point of closing the series), then considered Game 2 (LBJ will be getting his MVP award), but ultimately decided on Game 1 (because it was on a Saturday and I could sleep in this morning).
I will readily admit that we struggled much more than we should have. The first half was ugly and utterly depressing. We were down by 11 at the half, and I was so upset. Not just that we were likely going to lose this game, but that I had wasted my Round 2 game on such a downer. But the second half made it one of the most exciting and best games I have ever attended. The turnaround was simply amazing, and I always wonder how such things happen. What exactly is it about halftime that changes the game? Adjustments to who's guarding whom? Different plays? A super inspiring speech from M. Brown? Players patting each other's heads, slapping each other's butts, psyching each other up? Of course, I've seen 'Space Jam.' I know about 'secret stuff.' I'm not ruling that out.
Highlights of the game:
1. Mo's dunk over Paul Pierce. Nasty. Made especially great both because Pierce has inches on Mo, and because Mo gives him a quick stare-down after. Look it up. Watch it. Then watch it again.
2. Delonte's run in the first half where he made several shots in a row. He's my boy.
3. The final seconds of the 3rd quarter where Lebron made the bucket that gave us the lead for the first time since the score was 2-0.
Honestly, I can't describe how fun it was to watch us come back, how into the game the crowd was. It's like having instant best friends. You're hugging and high-fiving everyone within your reach. Even on the way out, everyone was still cheering and chanting "M-V-P!" through the streets of downtown Cleveland. What a night. What a game. And even though it shouldn't have come to that, what a comeback.
2 comments:
Oh, man!! So excited you got to go! Love this play off series!
who are you seeing these awesome games with?
Post a Comment